Marugoto A1-1 (Katsudoo & Rikai) Tutor Support Course
This is a course to comprehensively learn about the Japanese language and culture. In the course of doing self-study online, you will attend classes at the Japan Foundation Manila (JFM) on Saturday mornings, once every 2 weeks.
Start with the exercises of the Katsudoo section to gain communication skills for everyday situations. Next, systematically learn the structure of the language in the Rikai section. Classroom lessons at JFM will be conducted where you will actually use the Japanese that you have learned.
Three types of support will be offered in this course:
1. Classroom Lessons (5 sessions)
2. Oral Test (1 session)
3. Correction of Assignments (3 Katsudoo and 9 Rikai)
This course has a Group noticeboard. You can study by communicating with your classmates and teacher through the noticeboard.
■This course is for those who are able to come to JFM for the classroom lessons and oral test.
Below is the schedule of the Classroom Lessons (CL) and Oral Test (OT):
10:00 am to 12 nn (Philippine time)
CL1: October 7
CL2: October 21
CL3: November 11
CL4: November 25
CL5: December 9
OT : December 16
■About the student selection process
This is a course where participating students are determined by a selection process. For those who wish to apply, please read the course outline carefully. Then, within the designated application time period, please click the 'Course Registration' button and complete the application.
Note, results of the selection process are expected to be sent to the email address registered with 'Minato' around September 15.
Course Objective "Can-do"
Topic 1 Japanese
Lesson 1 Hello
1. Exchange greetings
2. Recognise Japanese characters
Lesson 2 Would you say that again?
3. Use basic classroom expressions
4. Write your name and country in Japanese
Topic 2 Myself
Lesson 3 Nice to meet you
5. Give a simple self introduction
6. Recognise the parts of a business card
Lesson 4 There are three people in my family
7. Talk briefly about your family
8. Tell someone about your family, using a family photo
Topic 3 Food
Lesson 5 What kind of food do you like?
9. Talk about your favorite foods
10. Offer someone a drink
11. Talk about your breakfast
Lesson 6 Where are you going to have lunch today?
12. Say what your favorite dish is
13. Talk with a friend about where to go for lunch
14. Read a menu
15. Order food and drinks at a hamburger shop
Topic 4 Home
Lesson 7 There are three rooms in my home
16. Say what kind of home you live in
17. Say what you have in your home
18. Write an E-mail inviting someone to your home
Lesson 8 It's a nice room
19. Ask/Say where to put things in the room
20. Visit / Welcome a friend
21. Show someone around your home
22. Recognise the name and address on signs
Topic 5 Daily Life
Lesson 9 What time do you get up?
23. Say the time you do something
24. Talk about your daily routine
Lesson 10 When is convenient for you?
25. Talk about your schedule for this week
26. Talk about when to have a party
27. Write a birthday card
Teaching Materials Used
You will learn interactively using the Marugoto Japanese Online Course site.
You will manage your study progress, submit assignments, and take online tests within the Marugoto Japanese Online Course site.
For more information on teaching materials, please visit the website introducing the Marugoto Nihongo Online Course. You can also use the trial version.
Passing Score: Score of 60 points or higher
The allocation of points is as follows.
・Study Progress 40%
・Online Test 10%
・Classroom Lesson Attendance 20%
・Oral Test 20%
・You can take the Online Test once you have done over 60% of the exercises (Study Progress), and have submitted over 60% of the assignments.
・You will not be issued a certificate of attendance if you do not attend any of the Classroom Lessons or if you do not take the Oral Test.
Japan Foundation Manila
Enrollment cannot be performed as it is outside the application period.